Monday, April 20, 2009

Wrapping Up

I am having a lot of fun at the marathon but most of the people left here are waiting for specific friends and family. One of the reasons I like Boston so much is traditions like this marathon. It's wonderful to see a whole city get so excited about such a positive experience for so many people. This spot in particular, close to the end but not at the finish line was still packed with people who didn't know anyone in the race but just wanted to cheer the runners on. That's nice, I like that. "I've been doing this every year for over a decade," Greg, a fan sitting in a lawn chair with a large sign spelling out "Finish Strong," in his arms tells me. "This is Boston at it's best." I have to agree with the sentiment. And having the day off from class is a nice bonus too, even for us students who didn't start drinking at nine in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment