Monday, April 20, 2009

Any excuse

Not far from Julia and Jason my nose informs me of a new scent, out of place amid the scene of fit and in shape people, beer. Following my nose I now see a small cluster of college-age boys and girls, and it's not Gatorade in those plastic cups. I went up to them and asked what their story is. One of the girls, Linda said that she is a senior at Boston College and it is a tradition to get up early and drink all day on the day of the marathon. This is my first time in Boston for the marathon so I had not heard of this and ask her to elaborate. "It's a big party day, like St. Patrick's Day," she tells me. Her friend Jake offered me a cup but I decline since I'm working, not to mention 1 pm is a littler early for alcohol for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment